Fun Seamless Pattern Backgrounds for Design Inspiration

Fun Seamless Pattern Backgrounds for Design Inspiration

September 30, 2010

After mentioning colourlovers in my resources for creative productivity post yesterday and decided to hand pick some very interesting and unique seamless tile backgrounds for design inspiration. Refreshing backgrounds for your website, blog,  desktop background, or any other graphic design project you can think of.  Some of them have a very vintage feel to them.  It’s fun to see what other people create as it gives one ideas for their own works.

Background Image Website, Leaf Background, Website Background Image,

Companionship

Teardrop Stars Background Pattern

Teardrop Stars

Whisking You Away

Website Making Tile Pattern with Green Leaves

Wallpaper

green background pattern, wavy pattern

Merging Boundaries

bright background pattern with dots

I’m Hungry

Seasons Mix Background Pattern

Season’s Mix

Owl Background Pattern

Owl Convention

Daughter’s Mother 05

Robin Egg Blue Background Pattern, Blue Cloth Background Pattern

Daughter’s Mother 01

soul window, background pattern, seamless pattern, web design pattern

Soul Window

Leaves of Fall

Brushed

Calyx

Leaf Background Pattern, background pattern, leaf pattern

Love Mon Amour

• 96
  • 249
  • 12
  • 530
  • 659
    1.5K
    Shares

1. Lauren October 23, 2010 9:46 am

Oh ColourLovers.com… I used to be such a CL junkie, now I never have the time!

This post is just what I needed, I am working on a new blogger template design, and I have been trying to add some pattern or texure to it but I am totally having designer-block, These inspiring designs are just what the doctor ordered. Thanks.

2. starsunflowerstudio October 23, 2010 6:20 pm

Nice! I just discovered colourlovers a couple of months ago. Initially I lurked, then I created a palette, then I created a pattern — now I'm hooked! lol. <3

3. Lauren October 24, 2010 3:23 am

Oh right, I lurked for a year on that site, I didn't even "love," anything! I just went there and looked for color inspiration, but after I did start "loving" some palettes, a fellow "lover," commented to thank me for loving one of their palettes and urged me to start "colouring." So I did!

That site is SO addicting! I absolutely love it, though as I mentioned I have been away from the site for a while.

I am pseudonympho ob CL btw 🙂

4. starsunflowerstudio October 24, 2010 7:13 pm

Well, I just started a couple of palettes from images. It's a lot faster and easier for me to do so that way, lol. I have only done 1 palette by choosing colors on my own.

I would love to learn more about how colors work. Like say I create a layer style that makes a nice ribbon type of gradient in 1 color… It would be so cool to have the ability to duplicate it in other shades by arrow key in the palette or adding a different number value that would change it to a diff shade. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, lol! I haven't been able to duplicate with quite the same look. 😉

5. Lauren October 26, 2010 9:21 am

My first several palettes were made using already existing colors as well.

If you are a disappointed with the basic palette maker, I recommend that you try using COPASO or better yet PHOTOCOPA. The ability to select a specific color is exponentially made easier in PHOTOCOPA.

It's really easy, with literally thousands of photos in it's inventory already, or you can add your own images. The larger the image the better too btw,

And you can save palettes to resume editing later or create many palettes from one saved image/palette.

When you publish a palette from PHOTOCOPA the image from which the palette was made will display in the palette.

I prefer to keep my palette inspirations private (for the most part) so after creating my palettes in PHOTOCOPA I save it rather than publish it, and instead use COPASO to finish it. COPASO also lets you add the custom 'widths' in the palette.

Anywho, as you see I have spent way too much time on that site. I fully agree that their basic palette maker leaves much to be desired, but if you have not already checked out COPASO and PHOTOCAPA– I do highly recommend it. That is, if you can afford to spend HOURS making palettes when ou should be working tee hee. 😛

6. starsunflowerstudio October 27, 2010 1:04 am

:)Yes,one could get lost for hours making palettes. I get sucked in even when just browsing them!

Thanks so for the tips, which will likely save some time getting to know the different apps. This will help me for sure, as I'm a newb with colourlovers.

7. business card design January 2, 2012 7:28 am

I like your designing.Your design is very grate thanks for sharing.