More Free Clipart – Vintage Frames Borders & Ornaments

More Free Clipart – Vintage Frames Borders & Ornaments

February 10, 2012

I’ve got another batch of free vintage clipart – Borders Frames & Ornaments. I hope you like them!  They are commercial use  (CU4CU) with the exception of making brushes and custom shapes with them. You can make digital scrapbooking resources for sale or use them in a photography backgrounds project. Just *do* something with them like add a background or whatever.

I’m linking up to Little Birdie Blessings link party for the week (a day late). I happened to read on her link party that someone was looking for the hymn “Joyful Joyful We Adore Thee”. I used to sing that song as a kid in Catholic school. If my memory serves me right, it was a spring song sung around the time of the “Crowning of Mary” (in Catholic tradition). Well I had to look up who wrote that song. It’s by a man named Henry Van Dyke, and I found a beautiful vintage copyright free book with these decorative ornaments and borders containing his work!

You can read about him here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_van_Dyke

If you are having trouble viewing these images in your browser, you can download all of them in one zip here.

Scripture Link Party #15 – God is Love

This isn’t a scripture, but it’s a quote from Henry Van Dyke. I thought it was really neat. I love that it has focus on residing in the heart instead of the ego or self serving thoughts.

You must click on the download button to see the images and save them in full size resolution.

Enjoy!

1. Sweetheart Diary February 10, 2012 11:29 am

This is the best thing! LOVABLE!

2. Little Birdie Blessings February 10, 2012 11:53 am

Hi Su, Yes someone did ask for Joyful Joyful We Adore Thee, I hope to get that posted this weekend if I can find it in my old hymnals. This artwork you found in your book is incredible and beautiful. Thank you for the free downloads. I've added it to my growing Starsunflower Studio graphics folder. I may use one or some of the graphics to add the music to. Thanks for linking this up and for the link on your blog. You are appreciated. ~ Abby

3. Angela February 10, 2012 12:56 pm

These are truly wonderful, thank you so much. I can see me using them straight away. That book was a wonderful find.

4. CBH February 10, 2012 1:36 pm

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 3 post on Feb. 10, 2012. Thanks again.

5. Lynne Armstrong February 10, 2012 9:38 pm

These are fabulous…thank you so much for sharing them with us 🙂

6. Mynnette February 11, 2012 2:58 am

Thank you for these amazing downloads!!! LOVE them!!! 🙂

7. suruha February 11, 2012 5:53 pm

Wow! These are great! They're very clean. Thank you!!

8. Free Pretty Things For You February 14, 2012 10:09 pm

Happy Valentines day my Sweet Friend!!! I have you on my List.. "need to talk to SU"!!! 🙂
      I will send you an email soon!!!
      Blessing and Hugs my Dear!!

oh and WOW!!!! THESE ARE GORGEOUS!!! You are SO incredible and good to ALL of us!!!
      THANK YOU!!

• Susan Smith May 30, 2015 11:25 am

I need to touch base with you again soon sweet! Miss you oodles!

9. Marcia February 15, 2012 3:32 am

Oh Su, this is gorgeous, from the design to the color to that beautiful quote. I am in love. Yes, I am taking these. Have no clue what to do with them but must save them. You are a doll for sharing them with us. Thank you and Happy Valentine's. 😉

10. Jen Lossing February 15, 2012 9:30 pm

These are all so beautiful. Aww the possibilities. Thanks for sharing!

11. Gente de Massinha February 23, 2012 5:53 am

12. Pat April 13, 2012 6:08 pm

These are beautiful and fit just what I was looking for. Pinned you on Pinterest.

13. Pat April 13, 2012 6:09 pm

Thanks so much. These are lovely. Pinned you on Pinterest.

14. Linda Carson April 20, 2012 2:42 am

Thank you soooooooooo much!

15. Anonymous April 26, 2012 12:01 pm

I like your patterns but I was having trouble downloading them. The backgrounds were black and I couldn't see the design. I couldn't figure it out. Thanks.

16. Susan Smith April 26, 2012 12:19 pm

Try viewing them in a different browser. Firefox recently changed the way PNG view when you display an image without a background. It now has a grey/black background color. You could try Google Chrome, or Opera or IE if you can't see them.

17. Anonymous April 29, 2012 4:25 am

Lovely. thank you.

18. Anonymous May 6, 2012 7:35 pm

These are lovely, thank you!

A

19. John May 16, 2012 9:36 am

Very nice collection, I came across your site while I was looking for something borders/frames to add to the pitcures and pages of a family book. I have used some of them and they look great. I also found some nice and free vintage frames here: http://www.creattor.com/vectors/vintage-borders-frames-4490

20. CuteEverything.com May 29, 2012 4:33 pm

Browsing your site and saw this. Love the designs and also the quote. I had seen it somewhere else and have it as my board cover for my Typography pin board. It's an awesome quote, I've thought a ton about it. I thought it was fascinating that he seems to be saying that people who are seeking to get to heaven are self serving, like you said. While those who are consumed with caring and loving are doing something entirely different. I love that you posted it and commented on it!

21. Anonymous June 5, 2012 5:30 pm

Thank you!!! For all I have seen – your stuff is amazingly beautiful. I wonder a lot over graphics on the internet and am very picky, but yours is exactly what I was looking for many times and couldn't define it before.
      Feels like a home…
      Vered

22. Nona June 8, 2012 1:36 pm

I'm into vintage and this is a delightful find! Thank you so much for sharing. Happy scrapping.

23. Anonymous September 7, 2012 7:51 pm

24. Anonymous October 29, 2012 1:26 pm

Thank You Very much, i really need this frames..

25. Anonymous January 13, 2013 2:57 pm