I’m working on a poster and have been playing around with some blending options with photo shop. Some folks may find the layer styles useful, so I figured they were worth a share. The textures used to make the patterns are a new freebie from FudgeGraphics, and the free fonts follow the vintage retro text effects preview. Keep in mind that these files are a “sandbox” of sorts and in rough draft stage. I’m sure that some will still appreciate them.
They have a wood type, stamped, faded, worn out grunge sort of feel to them. I’ll likely make some different patterns too, as this was my first try.
These styles are for very very large 300 DPI image with large text. I didn’t have time to package them up in a smaller styles version.
This file contains 2 large PSD
In response to the comic sans story and in defense of free fonts:
- Stereo Font by: Pelle Piano | Commercial Use Font
- Deming EP Font by: M Fortress | Commercial Use Font
- Highlands by: Tyler Galpin | Donationware
- Weston by: Pavel Pavlov | Commercial Use Font
- Aldine Expanded by: Javier Viramontes | Commercial Use Font
- Bebas by: Flat-it Type Foundry | Commercial Use Font
- Bebas Neue by: Dharma Type/Flat-it Type Foundry | Commercial Use
- League Gothic by: The League of Moveable Type | CU Font
- Acknowledgement by: Reading Type | Commercial Use Font
- Ranger Font by: Evan Huwa | Donationware
- Hoedown Font by: Dieter Steffmann | Freeware
- Matilde Sketch by: Typedepot | Commercial Use
- Legion Slab by: Phil Pham
- Fatboy Husky Rare Letterpress Wood Type by: Matthew Braun – Woodtype Revival (be careful with bold and width on this one, it’s a piggy)
- Brokgauz & Efron by: Anatole & Alexandra Gophmann | Freeware Anatol [email protected] | Alexandra Gophmann [email protected]
- Lobster and Lobster Two by: Impallari