Free Vintage Clipart, Journal Page & Border Frame

Free Vintage Clipart, Journal Page & Border Frame

March 26, 2012

I’ve made a journal page for you all, and it comes with a transparent PNG version so you can use it to make your own resources. The terms are CU4CU, which means you can make commercial use items with it. The only thing you can’t do with it is make brushes and shapes to sell. I hope you like it!

I made this while eating dinner tonight. I’ve been trying not to work through lunch and dinner lately but I’ve been super busy lately! So in addition to being busy, my intent has been to participate in Scripture Thursday at Little Birdie Blessings. Abby sent me a bible not too long ago, along with some very special things that have brightened my days and weeks ever since she sent them.
Ever since I got this bible, whenever I pick it up to read a passage it speaks to me. Concerns, worries, random thoughts – seem to be addressed with scripture. I find it very interesting.  One of the things that bothers me is how we’ve been on this planet for so long and have not learned to live peacefully with each other. So many things are done in the name of peace that are not peaceful by any means. So this is what I read the other night and had to make note of it. I can totally envision armies leaving their guns and picking up shovels to dig in the dirt and create gardens! I’m sort of an oddball I guess, lol! 🙂

The scripture is written below. Also just click on the image to download the freebies, they are directly linked and will open very high res LARGE size images in your browser.

In the last days  the mountain of the Lord’s temple will be established as the highest of themountains. It will be exalted above the hills, and all nations will stream to it.
Many peoples will come and say, “Come, let us go up to the mountains of the Lord, to the temple of the God of Jacob”.
He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths. The law will go out from Zion, the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. He will judge between the nations and will settle disputes for many peoples .
They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning  hooks.  Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they  train for war anymore.
Come, descendants of Jacob, let us walk in the light of the Lord.

1. Jill March 26, 2012 2:37 am

Su, First off you are hilarious! Secondly, I like your dreams of garden making army men! Lastly, great artwork! I can't believe you made it while eating dinner! Wow! I'm impressed! Hope your weekend was great! Smiles, Jill

2. Little Birdie Blessings March 26, 2012 8:43 am

Oh Su, this is beautiful. First of all, I'm glad you're enjoying your Bible. I'm always comforted with scripture. I love the double frame you added the passage to, especially the sepia one. Thanks for your generosity with all the freebies, and for linking this to Scripture Thursday. ~ Abby

3. Sarah March 26, 2012 1:30 pm

Su, you are so inspiring! Isn't it awesome how relevant and alive scripture is?! Thank you so much for the journal page! Hugs

4. janfien March 26, 2012 3:08 pm

Hello Su,
      Just like you, I use the bible every day. Where should I have been without it.There is only one thing I dislike in many Bibles. Why don't they use the name of the Lord? God is a title, not a name. There are so many gods. If you read in Matthew, chapter 6, verse 9, you will see a text you know very well. But did you ever realise, that there is written:"Let your name be santified."
      How can we do this if we don't use His name. His name is Jahweh or Jehovah.

Did you know the text: army leaving there guns etc, is written on the wall in front of the building of the United Nations? This will happen, because His Kingdom will come!
      Thank you so much for your inspiring texts and frames.
      Love Josephine

5. Susan Smith March 26, 2012 3:56 pm

@JosephineWow I did not know this about the UN. That's super cool. Thanks for mentioning it.

@Jill When I see stuff like this Farmin' in the HOOD, I get all excited. I would love to see "armies" of people like this doing such things in communities all over the world. 🙂

@Sarah Yeah it's definitely neat how passages come up that are directly related to things on my mind. Thanks hon!

@Abby I've had the desire to link up for some time now. This time I made time to do it. I was concerned about it because a lot of my personal stuff sort of shows through with this, but that can be what it's all about right? lol 🙂

6. Brenda March 26, 2012 7:26 pm

These are really beautiful, thank you so much!

7. Sweetheart Diary March 26, 2012 7:57 pm

wow brilliant work!

8. Wendy March 26, 2012 11:30 pm

Thankyou so much Su for these wonderful journals, they are beautiful. I to get inspired and uplifted by my Bible. I use the NIV. I came to know Christ two years ago now, well I always new him I just committed myself to him and he accepted me on the day of my Baptism, I was filled with the Holy Spirit and he guides me day by day through reading the Word and Prayer.
      Blessings to You. Hugs Wendy xx

9. Denise April 29, 2012 10:31 pm

thanks for the free clipart

10. Stacy N April 19, 2016 9:38 am

I love these but I cannot find the link when I “click on the image to download the freebies, they are directly linked and will open very high res LARGE size images in your browser” – I receive an error message instead? I would love these to use for our family tree.