Free Fonts I’m Into Right Now

Free Fonts I’m Into Right Now

November 4, 2011

Oh for the love of free fonts! Fonts can really make or break a design. Sometimes they can bring about inspiration to help the creativity flow in a website design project. I literally experienced such a situation this week, and actually lol’d for real when reading the description for Rancho. You can see it in action as a web font here. (Quick rush job for a press release, I still need to set up media queries for smaller screen resolutions on that one).

Most of these are available for quick & commercial use as a web font via the google web font library, but they can also be downloaded for desktop use.

I’ve also listed a few deals going on for non-free fonts. My newest font is Mishka by: Fenotype, but alas the sale is over on that one. They do still have a sale on Mishka and Barber together. I think my next purchase is going to be Skitch – (listed below). I love the cute hand drawn ornaments dingbat fonts in that set!

Free Font Sancreek by: Vernon Adams

Molesk by: Pedro Lobo

Free Hand Written Font: Amatic SC by: Vernon Adams

Free font: Alice by: Cyreal Type Foundry

Free Font: Pompiere by: Karolina Lach

Try it before you buy it: Mimix by: Fdesign Salamina

Free Western Font: Rancho by: Sideshow Foundry

Free Retro Font: Rochester by: Sideshow Foundry

Free Font: Verve Light (Veer’s Free Font for October)

by: Brian Sooy, Altered Ego for Umbrella Type

I’m so sorry I didn’t get this out in time. You can still get November’s free font! 🙂

Satisfy By: Sideshow Foundry & Nixie One by: Jovanny Lemonad

Free Font: Copse by: Dan Rhatigan

Yeseva One by: Jovanny Lemonad

Arvo Bold by: Anton Koovit

Here are some non free fonts on sale right now:

Ritornelos by: PintassilgoPrints

Carolyna by: Emily Lime

Plebeya by: Corradine Fonts

Transitore by: PintassilgoPrints

Pantano by: Los Andes

Barber by: Fenotype

Skitch by: Yellow Design Studio

Bandoliers by: PintassilgoPrints

Linking Up Here

1. Little Birdie Blessings November 4, 2011 9:17 am

Looks great! Thanks for taking the time to show us all these great fonts. I pinned this post. ~ Abby

2. Lauren November 4, 2011 8:15 pm

Yet again I am impressed by your wonderful eye for design and style. These fonts look quite lovely. I am fond of using Copse and Carolyna (the latter of which which I just discovered). I am digging the wiry hand-drawn types as well, they have a Tim Burton-esque feel (a totally awesome feel in other words XD) to me. Great post again.

3. starsunflowerstudio November 4, 2011 11:17 pm

Thanks Lauren! Hey I just realized after reading your comment – Carolyna words was available on Dafont! Ooh,she has an etsy shop too. I'm hooked, have found more frames.

I really need to discuss commercial use licensing tiers with you at some point, as I'd love to use Damask Dings. I've been drooling over them for 2 years now.

4. LDH November 5, 2011 1:56 am

Wow, so much to see on your sweet blog! I will be here perusing for a long time and enjoying every minute 🙂

Kindly, Lorraine

5. reflective safety vest November 7, 2011 9:56 am

Well, Finally, I found an amazing use for the cheap ideas! Makes me want to run out and get some right now. Will be best gift for this Christmas.

6. mmbear November 8, 2011 7:17 am

Stopped by to say Thanks for coming by and joining our blog hop Love U! I really appreciate the support! I came by to return some love and I am already following on GFC and Facebook. So, I hope by my coming by I helped with the stats that they keep on us! I hope to continue this until the list gets too big that I can't return all of them but will do so for now. Hope to see ya next week and enjoy the rest of this week!

Mary@http://www.mmbearcupoftea.com

7. Theophanie November 10, 2011 4:53 am

Cool! I just downloaded some fonts yesterday!

8. Anonymous April 3, 2012 4:48 pm

free?????????????

9. Susan Smith April 3, 2012 5:15 pm

@Anonymous Arvo was pretty much the end of the post. I thought it wouldn't hurt to mention fonts on sale at the end of the post where it says Here are some non free fonts on sale right now: in large bold letters. All fonts above this are free. ::cheers:: Sü

10. Ana April 10, 2012 5:32 am