Help for Missing GFC Followers Gadget

Help for Missing GFC Followers Gadget

October 6, 2011

Has your Google Friend Connect followers gadget disappeared? I noticed it missing when viewing a few blogs in both Google Chrome and Firefox 7.0.1 yesterday. The gadget was visible in Chrome but not in Firefox. This happened to me around the time Google introduced the new interface for draft.blogger.com. I was able to get the issue resolved by filling out a form posted by Google on Google Docs.

If any of you are experiencing this, here’s the closed forum thread and here’s the spreadsheet. Apparently some were having issues with followers disappearing as well. This form will work for contacting Google in regards to gadget not being visible too.

Hope this helps some GFC and Blogger users!

Cheers,

1. suruha October 7, 2011 5:55 pm

Google is supposedly re-vamping Blogger. The name is supposed to even change to Google Blogs, I believe it is. There are bound to be other surprises, er, changes, I'm sure! I still have my Followers gadget, but, then, I gave up on Firefox a few days ago and only use Chrome now. FF, from 5.0 on, would be frozen up when I signed on most of the time! It crashed repeatedly – at least 7 or 8 times a day. I was going crazy until I made the switch to Chrome. It is so nice to be able to go through an entire day without a crash and burn! LOL
      If I can recall where I got my info, I'll send you a link. It has been about a month ago.
      Thank you for your comments on my blog, by the way! I look forward to them! LOL

Hugs,

2. suruha October 7, 2011 6:00 pm

It was about Google Plus! I just remembered. LOL Here is a similar article

3. starsunflowerstudio October 7, 2011 6:10 pm

Interesting article Su. I was experiencing the same issue with Firefox. I nailed it down to problems with flash. Every time I would run flash my browser would crash. I thought that it was maybe because I have a slower internet connection than most. Interesting to find that others are having similar issues. I still like to use firefox for some of the addons like firebug and fireftp – but use 2 instances of chrome for my regular browsing and 2 gmail/blogger accounts.

It will be definitely be interesting to see what evolves with the Google G+ and Blogger branding changes.

4. Little Bird Threads October 10, 2011 7:36 am

Thanks so much!

5. mmbear November 16, 2011 5:00 am

Thanks for stopping by and linking up to our blog hop yesterday, Love U! I try to get around to everyone and came over tonight and saw that I was already following you on GFC and Facebook. Again, thanks for coming by and hope to see you again!

Mary@http://www.mmbearcupoftea.com